Opportunities in the digital space for Education
Vincent Omondi, October 9, 2020
With the recent covid 'era', education has taken a new norm worldwide. This has led to increased utilisation of myriad digital tools.
Institutions scrambled to offer virtual experiences for their students and staff. These ranged from;
- Live video sessions
- Recorded lessons
- Chat rooms
- Staff meetings
- Parent meetings
This period has to a greater extent emphasised the need for institutions to embrace digital tools, not only for survival, but as a key resource for the running of institutions.
The opportunities presented by use of digital tools are varied. Some of these include;
- Differentiated learning.
- Professional documents for teachers
- Home-work/assignment trackers.
- Customer focus via ticketing solutions
- Learner and staff record keeping
- Distant learning
- Hybrid learning
- Lesson resources
- Opportunity for staff CPD
- Student elections
- Financial records
- 21st century skills/courses such as coding and robotics etc.